Laura Bohn, PhD
Chair and Professor
Department of Molecular Medicine
UF Scripps Biomedical Research
Scripps Research Joint Appointments
Professor, Department of Neuroscience
Faculty, Skaggs Graduate Program of Scripps Research
Other Joint Appointments
Florida Atlantic University Brain Institute
Ph.D. (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology), Saint Louis University, School of Medicine, 1999
B.A. (Chemistry), Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1993
B.S. (Biochemistry), Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1993
2014-2022 Professor (tenured), Molecular Therapeutics, Scripps Research
2009-2014 Associate Professor (tenured), Molecular Therapeutics, Scripps Research
2009-2014 Associate Professor (tenured, Joint Appointment), Neuroscience, Scripps Research
2007-2009 Associate Professor (tenured), College of Medicine, Departments of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, The Ohio State University
2003-2007 Assistant Professor, College of Medicine, Departments of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, The Ohio State University
2002-2003 Assistant Research Professor, Duke University Medical Center Department of Cell Biology, Duke University
1999-2002 Postdoctoral Scholar, Medical Center, Department of Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University
Awards & Professional Activities
Honors and Awards
- Coy W. Waller Distinguished Lecture at the University of Mississippi, October 2019
- “Visions in Pharmacology”, Student-invited lecturer, University of Toronto, June 2019
- The Charles E. Smith Annual Memorial Lecture , The National Institute for Psychobiology in Israel,Jerusalem, Israel, May 2019
- The Viktor Mutt Lectureship from the International Regulatory Peptide Society, Sept 2018
- “America’s Opioid Epidemic”, Student-Invited Lecturer, Vanderbilt University, June 2018
- University of Texas Medical Branch Student-Invited NIDA Distinguished Lecture, Oct 2017
- West Virginia University Student-Invited Opioid Crisis Symposium Keynote Speaker, May 2017
- Creighton University School of Medicine Distinguished Lecturer, Nov 2016
- Elected Chair of the 2019 Gordon Conference on Molecular Pharmacology
- The 2016 Dennis Feller Distinguished Lectureship, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy,October 2016Faculty of 1000: Pain- 2015
- The John J. Abel Award from the American Society of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics and Pfizer (06/11).
- The Joseph Cochin Young Investigator Award from the College on Problems of Drug Dependence 6/09
- Featured as one of “30 in Their 30s” by BioOhio, “The Voice of Bioscience in Ohio” 5/07.
- 2005 Committee on Women in Neuroscience Career Development Award, sponsored by the Society for Neuroscience and Merck 11/05.
- School of Biomedical Sciences Award for Excellence in Research, The Ohio State University 9/06 2005
- College on Problems of Drug Dependence Early Career Investigator Award 6/02
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Postdoctoral Fellowship (NIDA F32, 4/00-4/02)
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Predoctoral Fellowship (NIDA F31, 4/96-4/99)
- Promotions and Tenure Committee of Scripps Research – Bicoastal, Member (2016-)
- Awards Committee Scripps Research – Bicoastal, Member (2018-2022)
- Promotions and Tenure Committee – Bicoastal, Member (2016-)
- Faculty of 1000 Prime; Pain: Basic Research (2014-)
- Behavior Core Committee Member (Florida Campus) (2014-)
- ASPET Journals Publications Committee Member-at-large 2022-
- Editorial Board, Journal of Biological Chemistry (2013-2018)
- Chair, Neuropharmacology Division, ASPET (2013-2015)
- MiniReview editor, Molecular Pharmacology (2010-2013)
- Chair, Scripps Florida Theme Committee for Graduate Education Self Evaluation (2012-)
- NIH ZRG1 MDCN-Molecular Neuropharmacology and Signaling Study Section (MNPS) Member (2009-2013)
- Co-Founder, Mencuro Therapeutics, Inc. 12/10
- Keystone Conferences “G Protein-Coupled Receptors: Structure, Signaling and Drug Discovery” (co-organizers: Arthur Christopoulos and Dominic Behan), February, 2016.
- Gordon Research Conference on Molecular Pharmacology (elected with co-chair: Roger Sunahara), February, 2019.
- ASPET program committee member. 2015-2017.
- Lorentz Workshop “Exploring the biology of GPCRs: bridging biochemistry, therapeutics and physiology.” (co-organizers: Paul Taghert, Michael Nitabach, Martin Lohse and Martine Smit). Leiden, The Netherlands, August 2014
- 4th GPCR Colloquium (co-organizers: Graeme Milligan and Roger Sunahara) Following ASPET/Experimental Biology, April, 2013, in Boston, MA.